Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Li'l Woodzeez Walk-in Clinic by Battat Review



From the very beginning of my interest in flocked animal families,  I have been tantalized by the Lil Woodzeez amazing , budget - friendly shop playsets. I could just see my Sylvanian Family Meerkats shopping at that farmers market set...
Sigh...but as usual, they were always sold out. When I actually found one of the shop sets on the shelves at Target, it looked like someone a dropped it on the floor and broken it!
I had to visit the city for some minor surgery (no biggie!) and was going to be there for a few days staying with my family.  I was also really, really hoping to find one of the Lil Woodzeez shops while I was in town! (Hey! Everybody needs a present when they go to the hospital! ;) I had to call multiple Target stores before I found one that had two of the shops sets in stock, and had the clerk hold them for me! The third shop I was forced to order online.
And then I couldn't open them until I got home! So I definitely had something to distract my mind while I recovered!
I couldn't wait to do a review of the Li'l Woodzeez Walk-in Clinic set!
This was the playset that I ordered online, and it ends up being the set that I was the most curious about.

*Packaging
The playset is encased by clear protective plastic but no cardboard box of any kind. There is a sturdy paperboard tag that has a list of everything included with the set. I am definitely keeping these with my shop sets to be able to keep track of what accessories went with which one.
 I was very skeptical about the toy getting much protection from this style of packaging, and after seeing the broken toys at the store , feel that is totally justified.
The plastic holds all the accessories in their places like they should be set up. It is so cool to look at! Trying to resist opening this badboy up was really difficult!
I actually didn't have any problems removing this set from the plastic packaging. It was time consuming to cut all of the pieces of tape holding all of the little accessories in place, sure.
But that should be expected when your buying a set that includes 57 pieces on top of the shop building itself? ( Imagine how I felt after opening all three shop sets in a row! 3 shop sets = 234 accessories! Holy cow!)

*The Lil Woodzeez Walk-in Clinic

This Lil Woodzeez shop set has my favorite color scheme of the four different sets available.
I love the teal and magenta (my two favorite colors!) with a little lime green mixed in.
All of the included accessories fit inside perfectly.

The Walk-in Clinic itself has a nice open layout; with no roof or back wall so that little hands can reach inside easily.


The Clinic has two swinging front doors that open easily but stay closed with a click. There are two arched windows on the front with nonfunctional shutters and one square window on one side. The other side has a "pretend" open window decoratively molded into the plastic of the exterior. Unfortunately it is not painted. The real windows are decorated with window boxes containing painted flowers.


The exteriors have many molded details decorating the outside of the clinic. But most are unpainted. There are flower bushes made of green plastic inset into the outsides of the Clinic, but the flowers are,once again, unpainted.
Inside, has a molded tile floor  and the walls have molded designs imitating wallpaper. There are two shelves permanently attached to the walls and pegs to hang the intended accessories on.  There is even a fabric curtain that can be rolled up or down!

*Accessories
This set came with 57 accessories along with the shop itself. That is a great deal for $20! And this set has the fewest pieces of the four shop playsets!

The Walk-In Health Clinic™ set includes:
1 health clinic, 1 chart, 1 pair of eyeglasses, 1 cast, 1 bandage, 1 stethoscope, 1 file folder, 1 chair, 1 desk, 1 X-ray board, 1 foot X-ray chart, 1 cat X-ray chart, 1 dentist chair, 1 medical cart, 1 wall cabinet, 1 drawer chest, 1 picture frame, 4 medicine bottles, 1 tooth brush, 1 dental tray, 1 medical tray, 1 mug, 1 skull model, 1 tooth model, 2 hanging signs, 1 eye exam chart, 1 doctor's case, 3 books, 1 patient bed, 1 mattress, 1 doctor's gown, 1 patient gown, 1 eye patch, 1 divider, 1 scale, 1 crutch, 2 hangers, 1 food tray, 1 placemat, 1 soup bowl, 1 spoon, 1 pair of scissors, 1 syringe, 1 mirror, 1 scalpel, 1 thermometer, 1 dental pick, 1 medical hammer


Most of the them are plastic, but there are a few fabric accessories . (the doctors gown, patients gown and mattress) I was pleasantly surprised by the cute rubber pieces though:


I like how easy it is to put the soft stethoscope in Dr. Squirly's ears.


I had to look on the card to figure out what the eye patch was. The cast and the bandage actually fit on my little woodzeez girl's arm!



The patients gown and the doctors gown are easy to get onto my Woodzeez animals.


My favorite pieces were the bright orange skull and the model teeth that really open and close!

 *Product Defects
I read many reviews warning against ordering Lil Woodzeez toys online due to people receiving toys already damaged during shipping.
Now, while I didnt  have any problems with my Walk-in Clinic in the form of production defects, my clinic WAS damaged during shipping! (I ordered from Target.com)
The sign on the front of my Walk-in Clinic was warped sideways right out of the box after it arrived in the mail!!
Bummer! 

*Overall Opinion
I loved the Lil Woodzeez Walk-in Clinic!  The accessories were nice quality for being priced so low. The functionality is great too! Any of the adult woodzeez can be the towns doctor, and the smaller animals can be the patient.
Some details lacking a paint job could be customized. I might add some color to my flowers... I love Lil Woodzeez as a lower cost alternative to more expensive products. As a collector, even for just displaying your collection of another kind of figures, I highly recommend the Li'l Woodzeez Walk-in Clinic set! My animals a happy to finally have a dentist in town!















1 comment: